The popularity of mobile communications is evidenced by its 6 billion plus subscribers worldwide, most of whom use it without a thought for the complex technology and business necessary to support it. For operators the industry can be very rewarding; equally it can be very challenging. With the effective decoupling of traffic from revenues, network sharing is a rational approach in helping to mitigate some of the challenges operators face. Network sharing can help reduce costs, maximize efficiency and competitiveness, as well as enhancing customer satisfaction.
Many operators – even fierce competitors – are considering network sharing as a means to reduce their costs, expand their networks and achieve an efficient and effective roll-out of new technologies.
Nokia Networks can help you design, build, operate and maintain your shared networks as well as help support your business model.
We offer network sharing solutions for all Radio Access Technologies:
- Passive sharing – share physical sites and passive network elements, e.g. masts and power supplies
- Active RAN sharing – two or more operators have joint decision-making on investments and operations. Nokia Networks supplies the multi-technology solutions for each business:
Multi-Operator BSS (MOBSS) for GSM
Multi-Operator (MORAN) for WCDMA
Multi-Operator Core Network (MOCN) for GSM, WCDMA and LTE
- Roaming-based sharing – customers of one operator can roam seamlessly in the other, ‘host’ operator’s network, effectively plugging gaps in network coverage or service capability.
With your new venture off the ground, we can also manage network related operations for you and your partners so that you can focus on your core business.
The business benefits of Network Sharing
- Reduced operational costs through consolidation of existing networks and reduced capital and operational costs for new networks and technologies.
- Increased competitiveness and improved time to market for the deployment and operation of new networks and technologies.
- Increased customer satisfaction; dependent in strategy, more services may be offered and be available to more customers across a larger geography than may otherwise have been possible.
- Additionally, you may also want to consider outsourcing your network operations through Managed Services, allowing you to focus your resources on your customers and business success.
Why Nokia Networks?
Nokia Networks has always been at the forefront of network sharing. Our pioneering approach meant that we supplied the world’s:
- first commercial shared networks
- largest commercial shared network
- only commercial GSM-WCDMA-LTE MOCN.
As a result, we are the preferred partner for many of the existing commercial shared networks and draw on our wealth of experience implementing and managing shared networks in commercial operation.
Contact us to find out more about how to cut costs with network sharing.