- Portfolio A to Z
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Liquid Net
- Device Management
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Indoor solutions
- Mobile Backhaul
- Mobile Site Connectivity
- Multiservice IP Backbone
- Network Sharing
- Operator Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Policy Integration Package
- Quality of Service Differentiation
- Self Organizing Networks
- Service Operations and Management
- Smart Labs
- Telco Cloud
- Voice over LTE
- WCDMA Refarming
- Expert advantage
- Capacity Optimization
- Customer Experience Optimization
- Global Service Delivery
- Managed Service Operations & Assurance
- Mobile Broadband Performance service
- Network Implementation
- Network Modernization
- Professional Services
- Services for CEM
- Services for Heterogeneous Networks
- Services for Long Term Evolution
- Services for OTT management
- Latest launches
- Liquid Net
- News & Events
- About us
- Global presence
- Solution Experience Center
- Government relations and policies
- Careers at Nokia Networks
- Contact us
- Directory of contacts
Press releases All
2014-02-14 | NSN shares customer loyalty tips to help operators boost profitability #MWC14
- CEM on Demand tuned to reflect customer loyalty measures, helps raise customer satisfaction and life-time value
- Customer Experience Management Umbrella Solution gives wide-angle view of operator affiliates’ CEM performance
- Trending and migration information on 70 000 device types from Device Portfolio Analyzer, supporting an optimized portfolio for driving data revenue
Nokia Solutions and Networks is adding a powerful new way to instantly gauge customer loyalty to its Customer Experience Management (CEM) offering. NSN CEM for Loyalty Scores provides operators with a near real-time view of the factors behind their customer loyalty measure such as Net Promoter Score (NPS)*. This allows likely detractors to be identified and causes of dissatisfaction to be pinpointed and resolved, leading to continuously improving loyalty scores and higher operator profitability.
2014-02-13 | NSN builds on Liquid Applications to create faster, more personal content and services #MWC14
- Extends Liquid Broadband family of solutions for efficient content delivery plus network value-add
- Utilizes cloud technology to enhance services including video and Voice over LTE
- Offers advanced services for smarter applications and content management
- Allows voice and data applications to be optimized individually for every subscriber
Nokia Solutions and Networks is enhancing its Liquid Applications* for accelerated content delivery and real-time utilization of network information by making use of advanced cloud technology within the base station. These new capabilities enable exciting new classes of services for consumers, enterprises and other market segments. The company is also further extending its Liquid Broadband portfolio to address all aspects of content delivery from voice to video as networks evolve to all IP. NSN’s new Services for OTT management helps operators improve the delivery of OTT content, resulting in improved customer experience. For enhanced voice services, NSN is bringing to the market the first telco cloud based IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), which helps operators transition to Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services rapidly and efficiently.
2014-02-12 | NSN helps operators simplify multi-vendor network and service operations
Signs bilateral OSS interoperability agreement with Huawei
NSN and Huawei have taken the next step in their commitment to cross-license the OSS interfaces used for multi-vendor management as part of the OSS interoperability initiative (OSSii). This bilateral agreement is the first between major vendors. Nokia Solutions and Networks’ continued emphasis on multi-vendor integration is readily apparent from its existing Customer Experience Management (CEM) and OSS portfolio, which have an extensive integration library and off-the-shelf adaptations. Following on from the previously announced Memorandum of Understanding, this new agreement will streamline and simplify the integration of OSS solutions spanning either vendor’s equipment.
2014-02-12 | New network-based security solution from NSN helps protect smart device users against malware #MWC14
- Detects mobile malware and helps resolve the infection
- NSN extends its strategy for building an end-to-end security architecture
Nokia Solutions and Networks has devised a new way to detect mobile malware, giving operators a competitive edge in defending subscribers against fraud, even when they have no anti-malware software on their smart devices. NSN Mobile Guard uses data* on the use of telco services such as voice, SMS and mobile broadband, and analyzes network traffic patterns, working faster than conventional systems that employ signature mechanisms and other generic methods to detect malware. Mobile Guard also notifies the user, blocks the affected services on the network and helps subscribers cleanse their smart devices.
2014-02-11 | Broadcom and NSN demonstrate Category 6 LTE-Advanced 300 Mbps on live commercial network from Elisa
Milestone delivers 2X the speed of the fastest LTE generally deployed today
Broadcom Corporation, Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN) and Finnish operator Elisa today announced the first ever demonstration of LTE Advanced (LTE-A) carrier aggregation Category 6 (Cat 6) data rates of 300 Mbps on a live commercial network in the Nordic Countries. The achievement represents an important milestone for all three companies with the goal of delivering a superior mobile experience to consumers.
2014-02-10 | NSN takes telco cloud to commercial reality with new automated application management #MWC14
Proven portfolio supports all aspects of preparing, deploying and running a telco cloud for operators
Nokia Solutions and Networks is launching Telco Cloud Management, the most comprehensive solution from any telecom vendor to comply with ETSI NFV*. The release supports operators as they host their network functions on cloud-based infrastructure. NSN is also extending its end-to-end Services to help operators prepare, implement and run their own telco clouds and migrate existing telco services to cloud-based networks. Based on its extensive work in recent years to develop and run a wide variety of trials and pilot implementations, NSN has now brought the telco cloud to commercial readiness, and is building a telco cloud partner program to support it.
2014-02-06 | NSN launches Predictive Operations at #MWC14 to forecast network problems up to two days ahead
- Offered as an enhanced managed service, industry-first NSN Predictive Operations spots potential service degradations and outages with 95% accuracy
- Also launching LTE Service Management that led to a 5% churn reduction in a live trial
Nokia Solutions and Networks launches the world’s first managed service for predicting mobile broadband service degradations, so they can be fixed before subscribers notice quality issues. The NSN Predictive Operations service helps boost mobile broadband service quality* by 15% for a better customer experience. Also new for NSN’s Managed Services portfolio is LTE Service Management that helps ensure excellent quality of mobile broadband services running over LTE networks.
2014-02-05 | NSN and Sprint hit 2.6 Gbps TD-LTE throughput - triumphs previous record by 63 percent #MWC14
- Unprecedented speeds to be showcased at Mobile World Congress 2014
- New TD-LTE Flexi Multiradio System Module offers 5 Gbps peak rates from a single site
Nokia Solutions and Networks has linked up with the US operator Sprint to accomplish a huge leap in TD-LTE network speeds by demonstrating 2.6 gigabits per second (Gbps) throughput over a single sector. Using its commercially available Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station, NSN’s Mountain View facility in California beat the previous 1.6 Gbps record and will be demonstrating the achievement at Mobile World Congress 2014. NSN is also launching a high-capacity Flexi Multiradio System Module for TD-LTE that can deliver up to 5 Gbps of peak throughput from a single site.
2014-02-05 | STC renews managed services contract with NSN
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has renewed its managed services contract with Nokia Solutions and Networks to further improve operational efficiency, network performance and the quality of services. Through the renewed contract, NSN continues to provide its comprehensive managed services including network planning and optimization, network and service operations as well as care services including hardware and software services for STC’s Al Jawal Network. The contract covers GSM, 3G and LTE network of STC within NSN’s footprint.
2014-02-04 | NSN’s evolved Smart Scheduler delivers 30 percent faster cell edge downloads #MWC14
- Compatible with both FDD and TDD variants of LTE
- Boosts downlink speeds at cell edge with no added hardware costs
- Shows world’s first demonstration of a new coordinated multi-cell scheduling approach at MWC
With a simple software upgrade, operators can deploy a coordinated scheduling feature in their FDD-LTE and TD-LTE networks to reduce interference between adjacent base stations. This evolution of the Nokia Solutions and Networks Smart Scheduler provides up to 30 percent faster downlink speeds at the cell edge, an advantage during periods of peak congestion. Importantly, coordinated scheduling is implemented as software within the base stations, avoiding the need for any additional hardware.