- Portfolio A to Z
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Liquid Net
- Device Management
- Enterprise Connectivity over Mobile Broadband
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Mobile Backhaul
- Mobile Site Connectivity
- Multiservice IP Backbone
- Network Sharing
- Operator Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Policy Integration Package
- Quality of Service Differentiation
- Self Organizing Networks
- Service Operations and Management
- Smart Labs
- Telco Cloud
- Voice over LTE
- WCDMA Refarming
- Expert advantage
- Capacity Optimization
- Customer Experience Optimization
- Global Service Delivery
- Managed Service Operations & Assurance
- Mobile Broadband Performance service
- Network Implementation
- Network Modernization
- Professional Services
- Services for CEM
- Services for Heterogeneous Networks
- Services for Long Term Evolution
- Services for OTT management
- Latest launches
- Liquid Net
- News & Events
- About us
- Global presence
- Solution Experience Center
- Government relations and policies
- Contact us
- Directory of contacts
Press releases All
2014-04-30 | Nokia placed by Gartner as a leader in LTE for third year in a row
Nokia, a leading provider of mobile broadband solutions, today announced that it has been positioned by the highly respected analyst firm Gartner, Inc. for the third year in a row in the “Leaders” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for LTE Network Infrastructure 2014”*. Gartner’s Magic Quadrant evaluates vendors of end-to-end LTE network solutions, based on their completeness of portfolio, vision and ability to execute.
2014-04-30 | Networks Q1 2014 Press Release
Q1 2014 Financial Highlights
- First quarter 2014 net sales of EUR 2 328 million, declined 14% year-on-year. Excluding divestments of businesses not consistent with Networks’ strategic focus as well as the exiting of certain customer contracts and countries, net sales year-on-year declined approximately 10%. This was primarily due to reduced wireless infrastructure deployment activity and a negative impact related to foreign currency fluctuations, partially offset by higher net sales in core networks and LTE. Net sales decreased 25% quarter-on-quarter primarily reflecting seasonality.
- Gross margin before specific items2 was 39.6% in the first quarter 2014, the highest in Networks’ history, and an improvement of 5.8 percentage points from the first quarter 2013. This was primarily due to a higher proportion of software sales, significant efficiency improvements in Global Services and a higher proportion of Mobile Broadband sales. Sequentially, this represented an increase of 2.0 percentage points from the fourth quarter 2013.
- Operating expenses before specific items2 in the first quarter 2014 were EUR 705 million, down from EUR 717 million in the first quarter 2013, and down from EUR 819 million in the fourth quarter 2013. Investment in research and development was reduced in areas not consistent with Networks’ strategy and increased in areas that are, most notably LTE.
- Underlying profitability for the eighth consecutive quarter, with the first quarter 2014 operating margin before specific items2 of 9.3%, reflecting the strong gross margin. Operating margin in the first quarter 2014 was up from 7.4% in the first quarter 2013 and down from 11.2% in the fourth quarter 2013.
- Free cash flow was EUR 153 million in the first quarter 2014, compared to EUR 239 million in the first quarter 2013 and EUR 180 million in the fourth quarter 2013. In the first quarter 2014, Networks’ free cash flow was affected negatively by approximately EUR 110 million of restructuring-related outflows.
2014-04-28 | NSN makes largest donation to date direct to the OpenSSL Project
- Increases funding so far received by a factor of five to help prevent recurrence of bugs like ‘Heartbleed’
- NSN’s Mobile Broadband Security Center to help improve security of open source software which is increasingly used in mobile broadband networks
Nokia Solutions and Networks, the world’s leading mobile broadband specialist, today pledged to help the OpenSSL Project in its fight against future vulnerabilities similar to the ‘Heartbleed’ bug through a substantial donation, to be made over two years as their first Platinum sponsor. NSN will also provide the support of its Mobile Broadband Security Center facilities.
2014-04-23 | NSN boosts presence in Myanmar, opens offices in Yangon
Plan to bolster relationship with local operators and further improve service delivery capabilities
Nokia Solutions and Networks has opened two new offices in Yangon, the former capital of Myanmar. As a result, NSN will be better equipped to enable domestic operators to provide network coverage to a vast majority of users across the country. With a permanent set-up to execute its operations, NSN has reiterated its resolve to provide optimum support to customers in Myanmar and also support the growth of the telecommunications industry there.
2014-04-16 | NSN, NYU WIRELESS host first Brooklyn 5G Summit
Mobile industry leaders, academia to explore the future of 5G wireless
Nokia Solutions and Networks and the NYU WIRELESS Research Center at the New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering are jointly organizing the first Brooklyn 5G Summit, held April 23-25 in Brooklyn, New York. The invitation-only event will bring together wireless and mobile industry research and development leaders in academia, business and government to explore the future of 5G wireless technology, with special focus on antennas, propagation and channel modeling. This inaugural event is slated to be an annual forum to discuss trends and the next steps toward understanding and framing the world’s 5G wireless technology.
2014-04-07 | NSN appoints Salvatore Maisano head of Central East & West Africa
To lead overall NSN sales, operations and business growth across the region
Nokia Solutions and Networks today announced the appointment of Salvatore Maisano (known as Sal) as head of Central East and West Africa (CEWA). In his new role, Sal is responsible for overall sales and operations of NSN across the CEWA region in Middle East and Africa (MEA). Previously, he was Head of Sales for MEA at NSN. Sal has held a number of senior management positions in the ICT industry, including Head of China and Far East at OTE/Marconi (now Selex).
2014-04-02 | NSN CEO Rajeev Suri meets Chinese President Xi Jinping in Germany
In recognition of NSN’s contribution to China’s telecom industry
NSN CEO Rajeev Suri joined an exclusive group of 10 business leaders for a meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping and First Lady Peng Liyuang on Saturday, March 29. The discussions, ahead of an official banquet in honor of the President’s visit to Germany, focused on bilateral trade and successful collaboration between the two countries. Nokia Solutions and Networks is the largest company that operates in the mobile telecom infrastructure sector in Germany, and it also has a longstanding presence in China, with particular success in the cooperative development of TD technologies over the past 16 years.
2014-03-27 | NSN appoints Farooq Azam country head of Jordan
To oversee NSN operations and lead business growth in the country
Nokia Solutions and Networks today announced the appointment of Farooq Azam as head of Jordan. He takes charge of the company’s operations in the country, leading the end-to-end customer team responsibilities, including sales, delivery, operations, customer relationship and financial operations. Farooq is an experienced business leader who has worked with leading telecom operators, infrastructure vendors and consulting organizations across the globe and delivered improved operational efficiency and business growth.
2014-03-26 | NSN study shows 87% jump in Indian mobile data traffic in 2013
- 3G again drives mobile data growth, generates 43% of total network traffic
- 2G share stabilizes further, users consume three times less data than 3G consumers
Nokia Solutions and Networks’ MBit Index study*, an annual report on mobile broadband performance in India, reveals a 87% rise in data traffic generated by 2G and 3G services during 2013, driven by strong 3G growth. According to the study, 3G data traffic leapt by 146%, surpassing the world average that is roughly doubling every year**. 2G data traffic continues to stabilize, growing by 59% over the same period.
2014-03-19 | NSN expands operations in Nigeria, opens new office in Lagos city
- Also renovates its existing office in the capital city Abuja
- Will strengthen quality of delivery to operators in the country
Nokia Solutions and Networks today announced the inauguration of a new office in Lagos, the largest and most populous city in Nigeria, to expand its operations in the country. The company has also renovated its existing office in the capital city Abuja. Nigeria is a priority country in the Africa region for NSN, and these modern offices aim to enhance the company’s operational agility for delivery of its mobile broadband infrastructure for all operators in the country.