- Portfolio A to Z
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Liquid Net
- Device Management
- Enterprise Connectivity over Mobile Broadband
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Mobile Backhaul
- Mobile Site Connectivity
- Multi Vendor Configuration Management and Optimization
- Multiservice IP Backbone
- Network Sharing
- Operator Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Policy Integration Package
- Quality of Service Differentiation
- Self Organizing Networks
- Service Operations and Management
- Smartphone Friendly Networks
- Telco Cloud
- Voice over LTE
- WCDMA Refarming
- Managed Service Operations & Assurance
- Capacity Optimization
- Customer Experience Optimization
- Expert advantage
- Global Service Delivery
- Mobile Broadband Performance service
- Network Implementation
- Network Modernization
- Professional Services
- Services for CEM
- Services for Heterogeneous Networks
- Services for Long Term Evolution
- Latest launches
- Liquid Net
- Customer Experience Management
- News & Events
- Events and webinars
- Press room
- Insight newsletter
- Mobile World Congress 2014
- Our Blog
- What’s new
- About us
- Global presence
- Solution Experience Center
- Government relations and policies
- Be part of something connected
- Be part of something compassionate
- Be part of something innovative
- I'm part of something
- Search for a new job
- Local recruitment
- Our employer profile
- Careers resource center
- International Graduate Trainee Program in Finance
- International Graduate Trainee Program in Information Technology
- Contact us
- Directory of contacts
Nokia Siemens Networks simplifies mobile content delivery #CTIA12
International CTIA Wireless®, New Orleans, USA – May 2, 2012
Launches ‘Intelligent IP Edge’ for a smarter packet core network
Nokia Siemens Networks has created the world’s most advanced network gateway that enables operators to deliver a better mobile broadband experience and reduce running costs. Using its Liquid Net approach, Nokia Siemens Networks has built multiple intelligent broadband management functions into its Flexi NG (Network Gateway). These enable the network to optimize traffic and content in real time and allocate the right network resources to fulfill fluctuating smartphone user demands.
Called Intelligent IP Edge, the development combines traditional packet core network functions with value-adding capabilities such as Evolved Packet Core* (EPC), service intelligence, video and content optimization, content caching, policy control enforcement, real-time reporting and trend reporting into a single network element – the Flexi NG. The efficient management of traffic and content enables network resources to be used more effectively and flexibly, allowing operators to serve more users with existing investments. For example, traffic optimization allows 30% more subscribers to be served using existing radio network resources.
“Conventionally, a host of separate network elements would need to be deployed, all carrying their own investment and operational costs, and with each creating a potential point of failure. Flexi NG integrates multiple intelligent solutions that work seamlessly together to ensure a valuable individual experience for mobile broadband users wherever they go and whatever they need,” said Antti Romppanen, head of product management for Mobile Packet Core at Nokia Siemens Networks. “Whether someone wants to watch a video online or check their email, they’ll enjoy the best performance that the network can deliver.”
The Intelligent IP Edge is highly integrated, simplifying an operator’s infrastructure for higher network reliability and lower operational costs, including reduced power consumption, less cooling demand and smaller footprint. In addition, only one network management system, the Nokia Siemens Networks NetAct™, is required, instead of many separate systems each controlling a separate network element.
Existing Flexi NG installations can be upgraded to Intelligent IP Edge by adding Advanced Telecommunications Computing Architecture® (ATCA)** based hardware and the relevant software.
The Intelligent IP Edge is fully supported by Nokia Siemens Networks’ global team of services experts and complete portfolio of IP business transformation services including consultancy, design and planning, systems integration, deployment, optimization, maintenance, and managed services.
The new product will be available for commercial deployments in the second quarter of 2012.
A demonstration of the Intelligent IP Edge gateway can be seen at the Nokia Siemens Networks stand (Booth # 3701, Hall D) at International CTIA Wireless® 2012.
To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion on Twitter using #CTIA12 and #mobilebroadband.
About Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries and had net sales of over 14 billion euros in 2011. http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com.
Nokia Siemens Networks
External Communications, North America
Phone: +1 214 728 6197
E-mail: carol [dot] dematteo [at] nsn [dot] com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
E-mail: mediarelations [at] nsn [dot] com
* Nokia Siemens Networks Evolved Packet Core (EPC) is part of the company’s Liquid Net that manages mobile broadband connectivity for subscribers’ data services to the Internet, operators’ own network or corporate networks. It is the evolution of packet core for all existing 3GPP mobile networks and is essential in migrating to next-generation mobile broadband using LTE/LTE-Advanced. Nokia Siemens Networks is the market leader in “EPC ready” product deployments worldwide, with 500+ EPC ready network elements delivered and 60+ live networks using EPC ready products.
** Advanced Telecommunications Computing Architecture® (ATCA) is part of Nokia Siemens Networks’ Liquid Core. It is an industry specification for communications equipment envisioned by the PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group (PICMG). It defines open standards based guidelines for the design and manufacture of next-generation carrier-grade telecom hardware. Advanced TCA and ATCA are trademarks of PICMG.