- Portfolio A to Z
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Liquid Net
- Device Management
- Enterprise Connectivity over Mobile Broadband
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Mobile Backhaul
- Mobile Site Connectivity
- Multi Vendor Configuration Management and Optimization
- Multiservice IP Backbone
- Network Sharing
- Operator Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Policy Integration Package
- Quality of Service Differentiation
- Self Organizing Networks
- Service Operations and Management
- Smartphone Friendly Networks
- Telco Cloud
- Voice over LTE
- WCDMA Refarming
- Managed Service Operations & Assurance
- Capacity Optimization
- Customer Experience Optimization
- Expert advantage
- Global Service Delivery
- Mobile Broadband Performance service
- Network Implementation
- Network Modernization
- Professional Services
- Services for CEM
- Services for Heterogeneous Networks
- Services for Long Term Evolution
- Latest launches
- Liquid Net
- Customer Experience Management
- News & Events
- Events and webinars
- Press room
- Insight newsletter
- Mobile World Congress 2014
- Our Blog
- What’s new
- About us
- Global presence
- Solution Experience Center
- Government relations and policies
- Be part of something connected
- Be part of something compassionate
- Be part of something innovative
- I'm part of something
- Search for a new job
- Local recruitment
- Our employer profile
- Careers resource center
- International Graduate Trainee Program in Finance
- International Graduate Trainee Program in Information Technology
- Contact us
- Directory of contacts
Nokia Siemens Networks aims for record TD-LTE speeds of 1Gbps #CTIA12
International CTIA Wireless®,
New Orleans, USA – May 3, 2012
Also expands TD-LTE product portfolio with 4 pipes radio and three new data devices
Nokia Siemens Networks is demonstrating its leadership in LTE-Advanced (a 4G technology) at International CTIA Wireless 2012. The company plans to demonstrate world record TD-LTE* data speeds of close to 1 Gigabits per second (Gbps) using its commercial Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station. A speed record was already achieved in a Nokia Siemens Networks US lab in April 2012 (video). Nokia Siemens Networks is also adding a host of new products to its comprehensive TD-LTE portfolio.
Nokia Siemens Networks’ new TD-LTE products include a 4 pipes radio frequency module based on its pipe concept** in addition to three new data devices that enable people to use 4G in different ways, wherever they are. The new TD-LTE products aim to help accelerate the profitable delivery of mobile broadband.
“We are proving TD-LTE can deliver unprecedented mobile broadband speeds. And by using our commercial platform to achieve this feat, we are showing clearly how we are innovating to make practical advances in this technology,” said Tommi Uitto, head of the LTE business line at Nokia Siemens Networks. “These launches strengthen our TD-LTE capability and reinforce our position as a mobile broadband leader with a comprehensive portfolio of hardware, software and services solutions spanning devices, radio access network (RAN), packet core, and customer experience management.”
Nokia Siemens Networks will re-iterate its record-breaking demo at its stand (Booth # 3701, Hall D) at International CTIA Wireless® 2012. For more information, see also the video on YouTube.
The new TD-LTE 4 pipes radio frequency module*** for the Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station delivers 50% more transmit power than other vendors’ products in the same category, enabling up to 50% more coverage. Using a single radio module for a 2-sector site lowers costs, while the product’s support for LTE-Advanced enables capacity to be boosted, protecting the operator’s investment. The module will be available in the second half of 2012.
In addition, Nokia Siemens Networks is expanding its data devices portfolio with three new 4G data devices which help operators deliver mass market mobile broadband profitably and quickly****. The USB-lte 7510 is a plug-and-play wireless USB dongle that delivers mobile broadband anywhere via desktops and laptops. The MHR-lte 7512, a mobile hotspot router, creates hotspots that support up to 10 Wi-Fi connections, anywhere, anytime. Finally, CPEi-lte 7222 is a small, plug-and-play indoor wireless broadband modem for installation at a subscriber’s residence.
These 3GPP-standardized devices cater to subscribers’ on-the-move lifestyle by also supporting GSM, 3G and Wi-Fi, as well as offering the highest performance with techniques such as superior cell-edge capability and improved overall sector throughput. While the USB-lte 7510 and the MHR-lte 7512 devices are already available for demo and trial, all the devices will be commercially available by the second half of 2012.
Nokia Siemens Networks provides full life-cycle services for LTE-Advanced for TD-LTE, delivered both locally and remotely by a team of global experts. The services include technical consulting, network design, planning and deployment, systems integration, optimization, maintenance, and a complete managed services approach.
To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion on Twitter using #CTIA12, #LTE and #mobilebroadband.
Available video and pictures:
- NokiaSiemensNetworks-1Gbps-speed-record-LTE (video on YouTube)
- Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station (image)
- USB-lte 7510 (image)
- MHR-lte 7512 (image)
- CPEi-lte 7222 (image)
About Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries and had net sales of over 14 billion euros in 2011. http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com
Nokia Siemens Networks
External Communications, North Americ
Phone: +1 214 728 6197
E-mail: carol [dot] dematteo [at] nsn [dot] com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
E-mail: mediarelations [at] nsn [dot] com
* LTE can be run in paired (FDD - Frequency Division Duplexing) or unpaired (TDD - Time Division Duplexing) spectra. TD-LTE is the TDD spectrum variant of LTE and allows operators around the globe to make use of their existing and future unpaired spectrum for 4G mobile broadband. Nokia Siemens Networks is at the forefront of TD-LTE development and commercialization. The company is involved in half of the current TD-LTE trials around the world with more than 16 major field trials in China, Russia, Taiwan and elsewhere. The company has commercial deals with six TD-LTE network operators including Bharti Airtel, Mobily, Sky Brazil and STC.
** Nokia Siemens Networks’ pipe concept provides more flexibility than other vendors’ approaches of ‘path’-based remote radio heads, as it allows multiple sectors, carriers and transmit and receive channels from a single radio module in a zero footprint configuration. The company’s 8 pipes radio and 6 pipes radio products launched in 2011 also use the pipe concept.
*** Nokia Siemens Networks’ 4 pipes radio frequency module for TD-LTE is the radio part of the Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station which supports GSM, HSPA and LTE technologies. The 4 pipes radio can be upgraded via a simple software update to support LTE-Advanced features like 40 MHz carrier aggregation. The product uses a single radio frequency module to support two sectors instead of the conventional two remote radio head setup offered by competitors. Furthermore, it serves a larger area with a high transmit power of 120 watts, reducing the infrastructure requirements – sites, towers, etc. – as well as power consumption.
**** In a business-to-business approach, Nokia Siemens Networks provides data devices to operators to help them accelerate LTE launches. The company’s new 4G data devices include:
- USB-lte 7510: Multi-mode USB wireless modem that can support TD-LTE and HSPA+. Designed to be connected directly to laptop and desktop computers, it can be used indoors or outdoors via a common USB interface on the subscriber’s laptop, netbook or tablet for a plug-and-play experience with no separate installation required.
- MHR-lte 7512: Mobile hotspot router that supports TD-LTE, HSPA+ and can create a Wi-Fi hotspot that supports up to 10 Wi-Fi connections. Whether indoors or outdoors, the battery-powered device provides easy access to broadband via a Wi-Fi connection available on the smartphone, laptop, netbook or tablet PC.
- CPEi-lte 7222: Small, plug-and-play, indoor modem for TD-LTE and Wi-Fi, designed to be installed inside the subscriber’s residence to provide wireless broadband data access via USB tether creating a local Wi-Fi hotspot.
Designed for LTE band classes 38 or 40, the devices support standards-based device management, advanced security and quality of service.