- Portfolio A to Z
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Liquid Net
- Device Management
- Enterprise Connectivity over Mobile Broadband
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Mobile Backhaul
- Mobile Site Connectivity
- Multi Vendor Configuration Management and Optimization
- Multiservice IP Backbone
- Network Sharing
- Operator Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Policy Integration Package
- Quality of Service Differentiation
- Self Organizing Networks
- Service Operations and Management
- Smartphone Friendly Networks
- Telco Cloud
- Voice over LTE
- WCDMA Refarming
- Managed Service Operations & Assurance
- Capacity Optimization
- Customer Experience Optimization
- Expert advantage
- Global Service Delivery
- Mobile Broadband Performance service
- Network Implementation
- Network Modernization
- Professional Services
- Services for CEM
- Services for Heterogeneous Networks
- Services for Long Term Evolution
- Latest launches
- Liquid Net
- Customer Experience Management
- News & Events
- Events and webinars
- Press room
- Insight newsletter
- Mobile World Congress 2014
- Our Blog
- What’s new
- About us
- Global presence
- Solution Experience Center
- Government relations and policies
- Be part of something connected
- Be part of something compassionate
- Be part of something innovative
- I'm part of something
- Search for a new job
- Local recruitment
- Our employer profile
- Careers resource center
- International Graduate Trainee Program in Finance
- International Graduate Trainee Program in Information Technology
- Contact us
- Directory of contacts
Movistar Chile selects Nokia Siemens Networks for LTE and 3G expansion #MWC13
Santiago de Chile, Chile – February 21, 2013
Customers in key areas will benefit from higher speed and increased capacity
Nokia Siemens Networks is implementing the 4G, LTE (Long Term Evolution)* network for Movistar Chile operating in the 2.6 GHz frequency band. The contract covers the capital area, Greater Santiago, with close to six million inhabitants, as well as other cities such as Valparaíso and Viña del Mar. Nokia Siemens Networks is also expanding Movistar’s 3G network to meet the ever-increasing capacity needs of its mobile broadband customers.
The contract with Movistar is a continuation of Nokia Siemens Networks’ successful work with Telefónica around the world. In 2011, the company signed an LTE contract with Telefónica (O2) in Germany, and in 2012 for Telefónica (O2) in the United Kingdom.
“Introducing the LTE network will give the best possible mobile broadband experience to our customers” said Gustavo Marambio, CTO at Movistar Chile. “Nokia Siemens Networks has been our trusted mobile broadband technology vendor for a decade and we are excited to continue our successful collaboration with this new LTE contract and the expansion of our 3G contract.”
“Enabling high-speed mobile broadband for customers while increasing network capacity and controlling costs is at the heart of the solution we are delivering to Movistar Chile”, said Angelo Guerra, Country Director for Chile at Nokia Siemens Networks. ”Movistar will be able to deliver superior customer experience in main areas of Chile.“
Under the contract, Nokia Siemens Networks is implementing its high-capacity and award-winning Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station**, Node B base station capacity expansions and, in addition, Radio Network Controller (RNC) expansion. By using Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station, Movistar Chile can upgrade its site to 2.6 GHz LTE while saving time, space and power consumption – all translating to a lower total cost of ownership.
To enable consolidated configuration, monitoring, and network optimization across technologies, the contract includes an upgrade of the Operations Support System (OSS) and NetAct network management system. To ensure a smooth rollout as well as optimal network operation, the agreement also includes network optimization and care services.
For more information on Nokia Siemens Networks’ mobile broadband capabilities, including a video overview, follow this link. To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion with @NokiaSiemensNet on Twitter using #mobilebroadband and #LTE.
About Movistar Chile
Telefónica Chile markets its products and services in Chile through a single brand, Movistar, and operates with its subsidiaries Telefónica Chile SA (fixed broadband, digital TV and fixed telephony) and Telefónica Móviles Chile SA (mobile telephony and mobile broadband). Movistar counts today with the largest community of users in Chile.
Recently Movistar Chile was awarded with the fourth place of a “Great Place to Work” and also won the first place in the ranking of "Business for working mothers and fathers”.
About Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 100 countries and had net sales of approximately 13.8 billion euros in 2012. http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com
Nokia Siemens Networks
Phone: +57 312 457 93 03
E-mail: claudia [dot] roman [at] nsn [dot] com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
E-mail: mediarelations [at] nsn [dot] com
Phone : +56 9 92244104
E-mail: natalie [dot] salvatierra [at] telefonica [dot] com
* Nokia Siemens Networks is a leader in the commercialization and innovation of Long Term Evolution (LTE), serving millions of LTE subscribers in commercial FDD LTE and TD-LTE networks worldwide. In fact, we are supplier to more than 40 commercial LTE operators which account for 45% of all LTE subscribers. Our unique track record is based on award-winning platforms like the Flexi Multiradio Base Station family and Flexi Zone for small cells. This top position in implementation and innovation has been reconfirmed by ABI Research's 2012 LTE Base Station Vendor Matrix.
** Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station is a Single RAN Advanced base station for GSM, 3G, FDD-LTE, TD-LTE and even LTE-Advanced. It provides an easy and cost-effective site upgrade to LTE and uses common OSS for multiple technologies.