Chief Financial Officer, Nokia Solutions and Networks
Executive Board Member
- Responsible for Finance and Global Operations at Nokia Solutions and Networks
- Leads the company’s transformation efforts
- Member of the executive board of Nokia Solutions and Networks
- Joined the company in March 2012
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (telecommunications), University of Ottawa, Canada
Bachelor of Economics, University of Ottawa, Canada
Master of Electrical Engineering (telecommunications), École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
- Chief Financial Officer, Nokia Solutions and Networks, February 2013
- Chief Operating Officer, NSN, March 2012
- Senior Advisor, leading private equity and global management consulting firms, January 2011 – March 2012
- President, Carrier Voice over IP and Applications Solutions (CVAS) division, Nortel, 2008 – 2010
- Leadership positions in Operations, Business Transformation, Broadband Networks, Optical Networks, and Core Data Networks, Nortel, 1998 – 2008
- Multiple leadership and management roles related to Network Development at Bell Canada, 1990 – 1998
Samih Elhage is the Chief Financial Officer at Nokia Solutions and Networks. He joined the company in March 2012.
With extensive experience in business transformation; in establishing operational excellence in diverse global markets; and in creating and implementing strategies for growth and sustained profitability, Samih is known as a strategic and results-oriented senior executive.
Since assuming the role of Chief Financial Officer at Nokia Solutions and Networks, Samih has presided over the company’s ongoing turnaround and transformation, enabling the firm to over-deliver on its original cost-savings target and to establish sound profitability, cash management and operating cost control.
Samih has more than two decades of senior experience in the telecommunications industry. Before joining Nokia Solutions and Networks, he served as a senior advisor to leading private equity and global management consulting firms, focusing on investments and improving operational performance within the telecommunications sector.
From 2008 till August 2010, Samih was the President of Nortel’s Carrier Voice over IP Solutions division and led a major restructuring and transformation of the business, enabling the company to gain a greater market share and number one position. In 2012, he successfully led the sale and transition of the business, improving the operating profitability of the company by 1600 basis points.
Before this, Samih held a number of leadership roles within Nortel in areas including Operations, Business Transformation, Broadband Networks, Optical Networks and Core Data Networks business units.
From 1990 to 1998, Samih served in several leadership roles for Bell Canada. Formerly, he was also the decision-making authority for network technology planning with a focus on Broadband Networks, Voice Networks, Optical Networks, Data Networks, Data Services, Fiber Infrastructure Planning, and joint Wireline/Wireless Network Infrastructure Planning in the company.
Born in Lebanon, Samih holds degrees in Electrical Engineering (telecommunications) and Economics from the University of Ottawa, Canada along with a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (telecommunications) from the École Polytechnique de Montréal. He is based in Germany, is married and has two children. His pastimes include world music, travelling, walking and Golf.