Executive Vice President, Mobile Broadband, Nokia Solutions and Networks
Executive Board Member
- Responsible for Mobile Broadband Business Unit at Nokia Solutions and Networks
- Member of the executive board of Nokia Solutions and Networks
- Previously, Head of Network Systems Business Unit at Nokia Siemens Networks
- Prior to that, Head of Radio Access Business Unit at Nokia Siemens Networks
Ph.D. in Information Theory from University of Notre Dame, Indiana, United States
Engineering degree in Signal Processing from Supélec, France
Degree in Computer Science from Université d’Orsay, France
- Head of Network Systems, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2010 to November 2011
- Head of Radio Access, Nokia Siemens Networks, April 2008 to December 2009
- Executive Vice President of Alcatel, President of Convergence Business Group, Alcatel-Lucent, 2006 – 2008
- Chief Operating Officer, then President Wireless Business Group, then Executive Vice President of Alcatel, 2003 – 2006
- VP positions, then Chief Operating Officer, then President Wireless Business Division, in Alcatel, 1997 – 2003
- R&D and Engineering Director positions in Matra and Nortel Matra Cellular, 1988 – 1997
Marc Rouanne is the Executive Vice President of Mobile Broadband business unit at Nokia Solutions and Networks. Earlier, he handled the Network Systems business unit in the company.
Marc of has over 20 years of international management experience in the telecommunications industry, having held positions in R&D, customer operations and product management in the U.S., France and Finland. He has demonstrated strategic and tactic leadership in complex commercial and technical markets, turning around large businesses to achieve growth and profitability in competitive environments.
Moreover, Marc has significant experience in joint ventures and mergers such as Alcatel-Lucent, Alcatel Fujitsu Evolium joint venture and Nortel Matra Cellular, which proved to be immensely valuable, when he joined the newly reorganized Nokia Siemens Networks as Head of Radio Access in April 2008.
During his term, he managed the company’s radio access business, strengthening its position as a leader in 3G, winning important new customers, and efficiently steering LTE development to support commercial LTE network launches. His dedicated efforts made Nokia Siemens Networks the first in the world to ship LTE compatible hardware to customers in 2008 coupled with being the first to perform the LTE call on commercial software in 2009.
Prior to Nokia Siemens Networks, Marc worked with Alcatel-Lucent, where he led the Convergence Business Group. Earlier, he served as the Chief Operating Officer and President of the Wireless Business Group at Alcatel. Before moving on to Alcatel, Marc worked for Matra and Nortel Matra Cellular in Engineering and R&D positions and developed GSM products. He was also part of the team which devised GSM in the 1980s.
Born in 1963 in France, Marc holds a Ph.D. in Information Theory from University of Notre Dame, Indiana, U.S., an Engineering degree in Signal Processing from Supélec, France, and an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from the Université d’Orsay, France.
Marc is a French citizen and is currently based in Espoo. He is married and has five children. In his spare time, he enjoys sailing.