Executive Vice President/President, Asia, Middle East & Africa, Nokia Solutions and Networks
Executive Board Member
- Currently, Executive Vice President/President, Asia and Middle East at Nokia Solutions and Networks, responsible for sales and operations in the India, Asia Pacific, Japan, Greater China and Middle East regions
- Member of the executive board at Nokia Solutions and Networks
- Previously, Head of Global Services
Master’s degree in Business Administration from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, United States
Master’s degree in Computer Science from the Emory University, Atlanta, United States
Undergraduate degree in Mathematics from University of Delhi, India
- Head of India region, Nokia Siemens Networks, January 2011 – September 2011
- Head of Global Services, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2009 – 2010
- Head of Managed Services, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2007 – 2009
- Country Head India, Nokia Networks, 2003 – 2007
- Vice President for Enterprise Business, Hughes Communications Ltd, India, 2000 – 2003 and 1994 – 1998
- Software and Project Engineer, Hughes Network Systems, Maryland, United States, 1989 – 1993
- Teaching Assistant, Computer Science, Emory University, Atlanta, United States, 1987 – 1989
During a career spanning 20 years, Ashish has held numerous engineering, sales and marketing as well as global general management roles in technology and telecoms. With intense customer focus, he has a hands-on management style and strong team building skills.
He was the head of the company’s Global Services business unit from 2009 to 2010. Under his leadership, Global Services witnessed steady growth and accounted for approximately 45 per cent of Nokia Siemens Networks’ revenues in the year 2010. It still continues to be a key area of growth and innovation for the company.
From 2007 until 2009, Ashish led Managed Services, a major part of the Global Services business, occupying either the number one or two market position in most regions around the world. Ashish joined Nokia in December 2003 as the country head of the Networks business in India and continued in the same role for Nokia Siemens Networks, when the joint venture was formed in April 2007. Under his leadership, Nokia Siemens Networks became the number one telecoms equipment vendor in India.
Ashish started his career with Hughes Network Systems in Maryland as a software engineer and worked on various aspects of satellite-based communications systems for large US-based enterprise customers.
In September 2010, Light Reading named Ashish as one of the ‘Top Ten Movers and Shakers’ in the telecommunications sector. This was a due recognition of his focus on driving innovation and thought-leadership in the Global Services business at Nokia Siemens Networks as well as his participation in the various industry forums.
Born in 1965, Ashish holds an undergraduate degree in Mathematics from the University of Delhi, India, a Master of Computer Science from the Emory University, Atlanta, and a Master of Business Administration from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
He is married with two children and lives in Delhi. In his spare time, Ashish enjoys reading, sports and spending time with his family.